12/4/17 Kanye West

Last week's post over Jimi Hendrix was more of a brief tribute to the legend himself, but now I'd like to do a post over someone who's ego is so inflated that he calls himself a legend. Now that's not to say Kanye West doesn't have some good music, but his ego is something he could work on. (Much like Axel Rose of Guns N Roses).

  Kanye is a self described "genius", and although I like a lot of West's older music- I'm not a fan of his character. Nor would I call him a genius, but his older music is something I can appreciate. What keeps Kanye afloat is his ever changing style to adapt and keep up with the times. I remember listening to West since 2007, starting from the album Graduation, and unlike many rappers Kanye West still remains relevant to the music industry. (Some of his music has actually inspired me to make my own parodies). West has certainly had an influence on music in general; several of his songs being played in commercials or movies for their hard and anthemic lyrics (such as the case with POWER or Black Skinhead). West is not a genius as he claims to be, but he is at the top of his game when it comes to his career in music. A little humility in the future would do him good.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2/14/18 Whiteboy

9/25/17

2/12/18 Team USA's Playlist